Presumptive Democratic nominee for President and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced a new initiative on innovation and technology that builds upon the foundations set by President Barack Obama. Among the pillars of this initiative is a renewed focus on supporting diversity in tech, including aiding budding entrepreneurs “who start social enterprises or new businesses in distressed communities the opportunity by potentially awarding forgiveness of up to $17,500 of their student loans after 5 years.”
Ms. Clinton’s initiative centers on five main goals:
- Building the Tech Economy on Main Street
- Investing in World Class Digital Infrastructure
- Advancing America’s Global Leadership in Tech & Innovation
- Promoting Innovation while Protecting Privacy
- Engineering a Smarter Government
Read more on the official fact sheet here.