The Chief Information Officer has become the point-man for innovation and the forerunner of change within today’s organizations, inexorably linked to this information generation of rapid progress. As the role of technology has shifted, so too has the role of the CIO. ‘Big Data’ is the watchword, with the volume and importance of information increasing with torrential force. Today’s CIO must be equipped to leverage that information towards a greater strategy of organizational growth and success. The National Diversity Council is proud to recognize the executives who are doing just that.
Our criteria for Distinguished Chief Information Officer are as follows:
• Top information officer in his or her organization
• Directly contributes to business growth and strategic direction of the organization
• Maintains a record of innovation and accomplishment in areas of expertise
• Effective role model who inspires others and is active in mentoring the next generation of professionals in the industry
• Operates with the highest integrity and ethical behavior
• Demonstrates a commitment to corporate citizenship
Nominations are closed. Find out who made the list below.